Finance Manager (Marketing)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Edmonton, AB, Canada
Requisition Number: 177342
Position Title: Manager I, Finance
Finance Manager - FP&A (Marketing)
About the Job
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
#WeAreEA - the world's leading video game publisher and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA's performance.
You will partner with the Brand, Communications, and Impact team (BCI) and will be reporting to the Finance Manager II for Marketing Creating and BCI.
What You'll Do
- Develop relationships with leadership to help deliver the long-term strategy
- Influence decisions by understanding the big picture combined with providing underlying deep financial analysis
- Prepare and hold business reviews for EA's leadership team
Manage Opex, Capex, and Headcount
- Lead Financial Forecasting and Reporting & Analysis
- Lead financial reviews with budget owners to develop annual plans and subsequent forecast updates
- Provide analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk and improve performance
- Responsible for purchase order approvals, budgeted spend tracking, monthly close activities, and headcount management
- Set control processes in place to manage spending and headcount within plan
- Manage all close activities for assigned departments including identifying and preparing accrual and reclass entries to ensure precise accounting of known activities
- Ensure compliance with EA's policies and procedures
- Build and retain our world-class FP&A team
- Identify and lead projects to standardize forecasting and reporting processes
Experiences & Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years of related financial experience
- Experience communicating financial information in a simple, relatable way to partners and executives
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Proficient with MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Experience with financial forecasting and reporting tools such as Anaplan and Power BI
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $90,550 - $137,700
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): $86,150 - $137,700
- Jersey City, NJ: $86,150 - $137,700
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $86,150 - $126,700
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): $86,150 - $126,700
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Manager (Marketing)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 63
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.