Game Product Manager, Economy - EA SPORTS™ FC
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 177083
Position Title: Sr Game PM I
Game Product Manager - EA SPORTS™ FC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The FUT Live Product Manager’s mission, in close collaboration with the wider FUT Live Content Team, is to help create the most engaging and rewarding live service experience for our players. The candidate will have a mix of strategic acumen, creative instinct and analytical ability that can help create actionable plans and content strategies that benefit our players.
A FUT Product Manager is expected to interface directly with other Producers, Game Designers, Artists and external stakeholders to further the growth of FUT.
- Establish a framework for measuring and optimizing the in-game economy health, aligned to KPI goals and player experience needs.
- Own the execution of creating, balancing and optimizing the in-game economy and player progression.
- Conduct and communicate deep analysis of economy trends and player behaviors, in partnership with Analytics, Design and Product teams.
- Be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of our customers and partners within FUT.
- Develop and implement game health review cycles that carefully consider internal and external feedback as well as key product metrics to continually improve the product.
- Track and develop an expert level understanding of gaming trends and insights.
- Translate real world football events into live content ideas/plans on short notice, which may sometimes require flexible work hours to mirror real world football events.
- Work directly in custom tools to create, manage and verify live content and publish to our players.
- A passion for games with a player first mentality.
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Management or Game Design experience required (ideally in Live Services).
- Proven track record for designing and optimizing complex free-to-play game economies and systems designs.
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day.
- The ability to critically evaluate design, art and economy that influence player behavior.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
- Sound and proven ability in using and understanding in-game trends using data insights to impact top line KPIs.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting decks to various stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects.
- The ability to work in a fast paced AGILE development environment.
- Highly desirable but not essential: A football fan with a good understanding of the core mechanics of FUT.
- Experienced in:
- Successful live service console and/or mobile games having delivered and maintained at least one product through the product life cycle.
- Designing content, campaigns and features that maximize acquisition, engagement and monetization throughout the product life cycle.
- Obtaining insights and developing strategies through analytical metrics driven analysis and design experimentation.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Product Manager, Economy - EA SPORTS™ FC
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 115
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.