Mehrere Standorte: Melbourne VIC, Australia • Sydney NSW, Australia • Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 176191
Position Title: Animator
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leader in delivering high quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live mobile games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and more.
Reporting to the Animation Director, We're looking for a highly talented and dedicated Mid/Senior Animator who will excel in a fast paced, ever-changing development and live service environment. You use your experience to work as part of a small team of passionate animators to deliver high quality assets and help shape our games to satisfy and inspire our players.
You will create animation content to support both ongoing visual targets and prototyping in a pre-production environment and be responsible for creating and modifying human character animations that express a wide range of emotions and personality. You have strong traditional animation skills and experience in 3D animation workflows.
You will receive direction and feedback from Senior Animators and the Animation Director.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a hybrid environment.
- Work with the animation team to create high-quality, expressive keyframe animation with heavy emphasis on full body character acting and emotional transitions.
- Use both Maya and in-house tools to implement animated characters and objects.
- Excel in a production environment that involves multi-tasking, innovating, and adaptability.
- Iterate on animation content in multiple states and aesthetic styles for supporting prototypes.
- Provide feedback on tools, rigs, and workflows' impact on animation content.
- Produce content under tight game development deadlines.
- Work within animation guidelines set by Team Leads and Animation Director.
- Collaborate with peers and supervisors on innovative approaches to tackle project tasks.
- A passion for Character Animation!
- 2+ years of professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent.
- Have an expert and demonstrable understanding of the traditional "Principles of Animation", body language and human anatomy in motion.
- Experience in hand-keyed stylization of biped and quadruped motion.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Time management skills
- Ability to take direction and seek clarification from Supervising Animators and Animation Director.
Preferable Additional Skills/Experience:
- Basic/mid-level 3D modeling
- Experience in rigging 3D objects
- Experience using scripting languages.
Community / Marketing Title: Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 27
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.