Software Engineer - Automation and Configuration
位置: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 174958
Position Title: Software Engineer II
About the Automation and Configuration Management Team
As part of the FIFA group , the team is responsible for the automation and configuration management for the Server side that utilizes Java and MySQL. EA is looking for a developer who is passionate about solving challenging emergent issues in the development process by creating automation and exploring new technologies and tools. People come to us with complex and loosely-defined problems and ask us to turn them into solutions. We’re often collaborating on problems outside our knowledge area, which requires us to learn new technologies and skills quickly and thrive in ambiguity. Good communication skills are important as interaction with the development teams is key to secure a high-quality service.
We’re a small team with a great deal of responsibility, which means you’ll learn new technologies and join us as being domain experts in new areas. We are superusers of Perforce, Maven and Jenkins and we are the domain experts of our build scripts and release process. You will join a dynamic team that quickly shifts focus as new requirements arise.
Necessary Skills (Must Have)
- Knowledge of Java and MySQL.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Perl, Ant, etc.)
- Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
- At least one year of programming experience.
- Proven knowledge with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
- Good understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-critical situations
- Quick learner, willing to be trained and gain new skills
- Develop, optimize and maintain our build automation systems and scripts
- Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other teams.
- Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
- Provide configuration management expertise to the FIFA Server Development team
- Documentation and training
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Gradle
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with ANT/NAnt
- Programming Experience
- Knowledge of C++, C#
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Automation and Configuration
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-07-25 16:22:14.883
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。