Associate Technical Artist
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 172983
Position Title: Associate Technical Artist
Technical Artist – Rigging
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Rigging team creates systems to support character and vehicle animation by developing body and facial rigging systems, animation interfaces and by supporting animators with technical setup and production.
- Reporting to the Rigging Project lead, you will create outstanding rigging projects and assets for AAA game titles.
- You and your team will design global rigging workflows and systems with the goal of convergence and efficiency, and creating and supervising the development of varying levels of complexity skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation, and skin deformations
- Develop and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency.
- Implement techniques and process to solve character, animation and deformations challenges as identified by department lead
- You will help build problem identification processes and develop solutions.
- Establish and estimate tasks.
- You and your team will work with game partners, both up and downstream while concurrently aiding in the growth of junior Riggers.
- Assist production in the maintenance of scheduling software and ensuring milestones are maintained and accomplished.
- 2-5 years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles or VFX/feature animation.
- Expert Knowledge of Python, C#, C++ and familiarity with Maya API
- Background in rigging and skinning complex assets with expert knowledge of animation principles and human anatomy.
- Experience in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder.
- Identify issues and implement solutions.
- Degree in visual effects or technical subject area.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-04-13 17:44:27.93
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.