Design Director - Ridgeline Games
여러 위치: Toronto, ON, Canada • Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 171694
Position Title: Senior Game Design Director II
Design Director - Ridgeline Games
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
You are responsible for the design team and design vision of new Battlefield narrative experiences. Your job is to orchestrate the mission design, narrative, game mechanics, and systems to create the highest quality experience possible. You foster a strong relationship with creative, engineering, and production to create and maintain an exceptional and inclusive design team.
Your job is to embrace the core tenets of the Battlefield franchise and make sure they are woven through all layers of masterfully designed narrative experiences. You will drive the construction of the studio’s design team and culture and build an amazing game from concept through release. You are also responsible for leading iteration of the product design based on feedback from peers, company stakeholders, and team members while holding to the core vision.
- Define and lead the design efforts necessary for the creation of a best-in-class narrative experience.
- Continually vet the product design from an execution, business, and achievability standpoint and adjust as needed, while holding to the core vision.
- Define, drive, strategize, and iterate playable prototypes at all phases of the game’s development to maintain scope and quality.
- Communicate the game’s design vision across all of the team’s members and partners, both internal and external.
- Plan for and drive a strategy for launch and post release support as an integrated part of core development.
- Work with art, design, and engineering directors to ensure the game meets the Creative Director’s vision.
- Start with a player-first mentality, driven by a passionate aim to know, understand, and serve the players who are engaged with the game.
- Assigns tasks for the design team and evaluates quality of the deliverables and gives feedback for improvement.
- Passion and deep understanding of narrative experiences and how to innovate within that space.
- Previous experience as a Director Level or large-org leadership level.
- Proven ability to formulate and drive full project concepts across all disciplines.
- Loves to listen to the team first, then make informed decisions.
- Can convey a vision clearly and inspire the team to execute on it.
- Ability to navigate decision making between multiple partner studios while effectively leading a team during all phases of a project.
- Fosters alignment through the team’s leadership and seeks to collaborate smoothly in a way that empowers others.
- Is transparent and candid when providing feedback while keeping it constructive.
- Works closely with production to define scope and maintain progress.
- Leads by example.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Director - Ridgeline Games
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 211
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.