Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 169630
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V, as well as the upcoming Battlefield 2042 and the next Need For Speed.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past five years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
You will report to the Technical Director.
What an Animation Engineer does at Criterion:
- You will design and develop new content creation tools, workflow tools and general productivity tools
- You will support Designers using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation and usability
- You will work with designers & animators to understand requirements and plan out functional requirements
- You will design, architect and document technical designs for Animation systems
- You will prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics
- You will work with the Frostbite Engine and Frostbite Team to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
- You will identify bottlenecks and performance issues involving CPU time and bandwidth and improve them
- You will provide solutions that consider multi-threading, hardware requirements, skeleton optimizations
An Animation Engineer also needs:
- Experience with Animation features such as skeletons, rigs, animation compression, blending, ragdolls, IK, procedural animation solutions, motion fields, character physics, secondary motion
- Experience with Data-driven State Machines
- Experience with Animator tools to control blending, controller trees, and transitions
- Passion for Animation technologies
- Proficiency with C++
- Multi-threaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience with Agile development philosophies
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks a bonus
- Respond to Code Review feedback and provide quality Code Review feedback
- Knowledge of source code management
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-29 09:07:24.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.