Multiple Locations: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169510
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Independently drive multiple key features for technical animation, including runtime systems, physics/ragdoll, and facial animation R&D and implementation
- Lead communication efforts related to assigned features, including reaching out to external partners as needed, and clearly describing the needs of the project
- Develop and maintain animation tools and pipelines
- Prototype and implement procedural animation systems such as facial animation, destruction, cloth, and hair
- Collaborate with the design, character art, animation, and outsourcing teams
- Debugging and support of animation systems and tools
- 3+ years of technical animation experience
- Experience in rigging and skinning assets
- Experience with python or C++
- A demonstrable understanding of animation principles and anatomy
- Experience with motion capture and retargeting
- Proficient with standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya
- Excellent problem solving skills. The candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Collaborative team player with strong cross-group communication skills
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and/or professional artwork
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-25 15:59:04.57
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.