Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 169110
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are Criterion
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
The Opportunity Ahead
As an engineer with the Criterion Quality Verification Engineering (QVE) Team and as a member of the worldwide Quality Verification (QV) organisation, you will help ensure that a game will always be stable through every stage of development. You will be tasked to promote the development of and set a new bar for one of the most advanced, feature-complete automation platforms to power the development and testing of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide.
Your role will be to improve the creation experience for developers, and the ultimate game quality experience for our players. While also using automated testing, workflow tools, development services and data insights to promote industry-defining game quality by identifying defects earlier, building confidence to support high-quality games changes and getting as much information as possible to fix defects.
You'll partner with colleagues and peers within the QV group, as a part of a greater organisation that shapes the services necessary to provide foundational services to studio teams working on the latest and greatest games. All in all, this is an opportunity to determine what automation and game testing means within game development. You will report into a Technical Director.
- Contribute to the test automation process, working with other engineering, development and quality teams.
- Analyse requirements, translating them into test plans which are reviewed and agreed upon by relevant parties.
- Implement and oversee automated tests at all stages of the pipeline.
- Participate in the quality strategy, identifying problem areas and areas for improvement.
- Write high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Design database schemas, interfaces, and plan for capacity.
- Own and be an expert in your area.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from the test automation pipeline, including the monitoring, maintenance and support of essential systems.
- Critically evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Technically guide and inspire other engineers on your team.
- Code review peer developer's code and share feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- Work to migrate legacy systems to new platforms.
- Employ JIRA to manage tasks in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Industry experience in C#.
- Experience with development tools such as: Git, JIRA, Visual Studio, Intellij, Visual Studio Code.
- Experience in automated testing services, systems and methodologies for large-scale test automation.
- Experience designing test automation frameworks.
- Experience authoring unit, integration and feature tests.
- A disciplined approach to documentation.
Nice to have
- An understanding of CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins, Travis or other similar services.
- Exposure to C++, SQL and Powershell (or other scripting languages).
- Experience using game consoles at scale and working with game console SDKs.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realise it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality. We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU's, tuition reimbursement, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-10-15 09:46:51.74
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.