C# Software Engineer in Test - Criterion
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 169110
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 2
We are Criterion
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
The Opportunity Ahead
As an engineer with the Criterion Quality Verification Engineering (QVE) Team and as a member of the worldwide Quality Verification (QV) organisation, you will help ensure that a game will always be stable through every stage of development. You will be tasked to promote the development of and set a new bar for one of the most advanced, feature-complete automation platforms to power the development and testing of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide.
Your role will be to improve the creation experience for developers, and the ultimate game quality experience for our players. While also using automated testing, workflow tools, development services and data insights to promote industry-defining game quality by identifying defects earlier, building confidence to support high-quality games changes and getting as much information as possible to fix defects.
You'll partner with colleagues and peers within the QV group, as a part of a greater organisation that shapes the services necessary to provide foundational services to studio teams working on the latest and greatest games. All in all, this is an opportunity to determine what automation and game testing means within game development. You will report into a Technical Director.
- Contribute to the test automation process, working with other engineering, development and quality teams.
- Analyse requirements, translating them into test plans which are reviewed and agreed upon by relevant parties.
- Implement and oversee automated tests at all stages of the pipeline.
- Participate in the quality strategy, identifying problem areas and areas for improvement.
- Write high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Design database schemas, interfaces, and plan for capacity.
- Own and be an expert in your area.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from the test automation pipeline, including the monitoring, maintenance and support of essential systems.
- Critically evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Technically guide and inspire other engineers on your team.
- Code review peer developer's code and share feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- Work to migrate legacy systems to new platforms.
- Employ JIRA to manage tasks in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Industry experience in C#.
- Experience with development tools such as: Git, JIRA, Visual Studio, Intellij, Visual Studio Code.
- Experience in automated testing services, systems and methodologies for large-scale test automation.
- Experience designing test automation frameworks.
- Experience authoring unit, integration and feature tests.
- A disciplined approach to documentation.
Nice to have
- An understanding of CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins, Travis or other similar services.
- Exposure to C++, SQL and Powershell (or other scripting languages).
- Experience using game consoles at scale and working with game console SDKs.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realise it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality. We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU's, tuition reimbursement, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: C# Software Engineer in Test - Criterion
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-15 09:46:51.74
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.