Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168986
Position Title: Assistant Artist
The CrowdStar studio is a global leader in mobile and social gaming; developing interactive entertainment products aimed to engage, enrich and empower women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we are also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women, but also enriching lives.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Researcher to join our growing Research team (UX and Consumer Insights focused). You will report directly to the Sr. Manager, UX Research (CrowdStar). You will work side by side with studio leads, producers, designers, engineers, and product managers to implement research centered on understanding the player base and improving the play experience across our CrowdStar games. You will learn and work on a variety of product research, marketing research, and consumer insights methods.
What you will do in this role:
- Report relevant insights to game development teams that inform product decisions and game designs
- Play the games in development and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Collect and report on qualitative or quantitative data from play tests, diary studies, surveys or data from other games user research methods
- Analyze large datasets of player behavior
- Lead the full life-cycle of research projects from study design to data reporting to following up with teams on how they are acting on the insights
- Moderate play test sessions, conduct focus groups and manage diary studies
- Write and code efficient surveys that tap in to both the Glu audience and outside audiences
- Be willing to set up equipment for studies (web cam, streaming media, audio, installing builds on devices)
- Keep track of budgets and product road maps alongside studio leads
- Conduct heuristic or expert evaluations of competitor titles
- Communicate with various Glu departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
What you need for this role:
- 2+ years of experience leading or assisting in consumer research projects in the gaming or mobile app space, or equivalent relevant experience
- BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Computer Science, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Media Studies, Interactive Design, Game Design, Symbolic Systems, Entertainment Technology, Digital Culture or related field
- Visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, or other infographic tool)
- Strong data manipulation skills (i.e. Excel, R, SPSS)
- Have interest in games, game design and free to play economies for different genres including fashion,, FPS and sports
- Passion for helping teams create the best possible player experiences by informing great design with great data
- Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methodologies from other fields to the evaluation of games
- Bonus background in statistics, market research, quantitative research methods, design strategy, prototype testing, or product validation
- Bonus skills: Tableau, R, SQL, light scripting
- Experience as a leader on multiple user research, game design theory, human factors, psychology, or participatory design project in an academic or industry setting.
Community / Marketing Title: Consumer Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:22.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.