Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168986
Position Title: Assistant Artist
The CrowdStar studio is a global leader in mobile and social gaming; developing interactive entertainment products aimed to engage, enrich and empower women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we are also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women, but also enriching lives.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Researcher to join our growing Research team (UX and Consumer Insights focused). You will report directly to the Sr. Manager, UX Research (CrowdStar). You will work side by side with studio leads, producers, designers, engineers, and product managers to implement research centered on understanding the player base and improving the play experience across our CrowdStar games. You will learn and work on a variety of product research, marketing research, and consumer insights methods.
What you will do in this role:
- Report relevant insights to game development teams that inform product decisions and game designs
- Play the games in development and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Collect and report on qualitative or quantitative data from play tests, diary studies, surveys or data from other games user research methods
- Analyze large datasets of player behavior
- Lead the full life-cycle of research projects from study design to data reporting to following up with teams on how they are acting on the insights
- Moderate play test sessions, conduct focus groups and manage diary studies
- Write and code efficient surveys that tap in to both the Glu audience and outside audiences
- Be willing to set up equipment for studies (web cam, streaming media, audio, installing builds on devices)
- Keep track of budgets and product road maps alongside studio leads
- Conduct heuristic or expert evaluations of competitor titles
- Communicate with various Glu departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
What you need for this role:
- 2+ years of experience leading or assisting in consumer research projects in the gaming or mobile app space, or equivalent relevant experience
- BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Computer Science, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Media Studies, Interactive Design, Game Design, Symbolic Systems, Entertainment Technology, Digital Culture or related field
- Visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, or other infographic tool)
- Strong data manipulation skills (i.e. Excel, R, SPSS)
- Have interest in games, game design and free to play economies for different genres including fashion,, FPS and sports
- Passion for helping teams create the best possible player experiences by informing great design with great data
- Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methodologies from other fields to the evaluation of games
- Bonus background in statistics, market research, quantitative research methods, design strategy, prototype testing, or product validation
- Bonus skills: Tableau, R, SQL, light scripting
- Experience as a leader on multiple user research, game design theory, human factors, psychology, or participatory design project in an academic or industry setting.
Community / Marketing Title: Consumer Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:22.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.