Lead Fullstack Platform Software Engineer - Java POGO (Remote)
Location: Illinois, United States
Requisition Number: 166563
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Pogo is building the world's best online casual games destination, a place of playful relaxation and joy for millions of gamers across all walks of life. Our experienced global team delivers state-of-the-art HTML5 games across the top casual genres, which support increasingly sophisticated metagames and social interactions. Pogo's fans and long-time subscribers count on us for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, and new games. Our live service delivers!
About the role
At Pogo, we're looking for a lead full stack engineer to work on the Pogo platform that consists of Progressive WebApp and Java Backend deployed on AWS that supports more than 50 HTML5 games. As a full stack engineer on the Pogo team, you will help design and implement new features for our end-users, internal tools, automating our processes to troubleshooting large-scale, high-throughput systems.
- Oversee major, cross cutting technical projects and driving them to completion
- Architect and develop stable, scalable and efficient code using common software engineering design patterns and paradigms on both front-end and back end.
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews to maintain development standards
- Work with partners to translate requirements into technical design and provide estimates.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on technologies and tools that will improve the usability, performance and reliability of our platform
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements for the live platform
- Help mentor more junior engineers
- Report to Technical Director
Requirements for a Lead Full Stack Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- 5+ years hands-on experience as Full Stack Developer
- Experienced technical leader working with technical teams
- Proficient in Microservices Architecture / Web Infrastructure / REST
- Proficient in Java, J2EE/Spring on the backend and React/Angular on the frontend
- Experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of web services
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, Azure
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with game development is a plus
What's in it for you?
A creative environment, engaging work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks. Plus, the chance to shape the gaming habits and lifestyles of everyone you know – not just the gamers in your family, but all types of players
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Fullstack Platform Software Engineer - Java POGO (Remote)
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-06-16 19:01:52.137
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.