Lead Fullstack Platform Software Engineer - Java POGO (Remote)
Location: Illinois, United States
Requisition Number: 166563
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Pogo is building the world's best online casual games destination, a place of playful relaxation and joy for millions of gamers across all walks of life. Our experienced global team delivers state-of-the-art HTML5 games across the top casual genres, which support increasingly sophisticated metagames and social interactions. Pogo's fans and long-time subscribers count on us for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, and new games. Our live service delivers!
About the role
At Pogo, we're looking for a lead full stack engineer to work on the Pogo platform that consists of Progressive WebApp and Java Backend deployed on AWS that supports more than 50 HTML5 games. As a full stack engineer on the Pogo team, you will help design and implement new features for our end-users, internal tools, automating our processes to troubleshooting large-scale, high-throughput systems.
- Oversee major, cross cutting technical projects and driving them to completion
- Architect and develop stable, scalable and efficient code using common software engineering design patterns and paradigms on both front-end and back end.
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews to maintain development standards
- Work with partners to translate requirements into technical design and provide estimates.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on technologies and tools that will improve the usability, performance and reliability of our platform
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements for the live platform
- Help mentor more junior engineers
- Report to Technical Director
Requirements for a Lead Full Stack Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- 5+ years hands-on experience as Full Stack Developer
- Experienced technical leader working with technical teams
- Proficient in Microservices Architecture / Web Infrastructure / REST
- Proficient in Java, J2EE/Spring on the backend and React/Angular on the frontend
- Experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of web services
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, Azure
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with game development is a plus
What's in it for you?
A creative environment, engaging work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks. Plus, the chance to shape the gaming habits and lifestyles of everyone you know – not just the gamers in your family, but all types of players
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Fullstack Platform Software Engineer - Java POGO (Remote)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-16 19:01:52.137
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.