Software Engineer- Audio
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165974
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA Create
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Tools & Technology enables creativity by building and supporting tools, pipelines and scalable runtime environments that help content creators take their assets from offline data to rich, runtime game experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for people to take our voice-over systems to the next level. Voice-over is an essential part of delivering realistic and compelling experiences to your audience. From dramatic cinematic performances to sports announcing, it is everywhere in our games. To bring these experiences to our gamers, we need easy-to-use, efficient tools for our artists to author and integrate voice-over content to run in our game engines. With locations and staff across the globe in many different teams and titles, our challenge is to create a system that fulfills all their requirements. Taking these requirements and translating them into solid features for implementation will establish our voice-over vision for our studios and games current and future.
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will identify global problems, propose solutions, write software, and build technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient in voice-over pipelines and workflows, with an eye towards common, scalable solutions that work across all groups and titles. Our team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of audio creation including music, voice-over, sounds effects, and engine behaviors to bring immersive audio experiences to our end users.
- Partner with the voice-over director and audio team to gather requirements for developing and delivering user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- Partner with engine/platform developers and content stakeholders to analyze current systems and help develop a roadmap improve the workflows, pipelines, and new runtime features for the next generation of voice-over tools and workflows.
- Investigate problems within identified spaces, risks and considerations across multiple domains and toolsets, in partnership with Product Owners and customers (i.e. artists and engineers)
- Use creative and pioneering concepts and methodologies to improve EA's technologies.
- Report to your people manager within our Development Director team, with a dotted line into our technical directors for any concern, risks, and successes of the projects you are on
- Working knowledge in C# development
- Expertise of C++ used in medium to large-scale and highly-performant projects, with experience in multi-threading and systems programming.
- 3+ years' experience in software or Windows application development
- Experience architecting and developing medium-scale design.
- Promote code quality through unit-testing, code-review, and automation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and hands-on experience.
- Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity.
- Experience offering guidance to a creative audience.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer- Audio
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-17 19:43:52.457
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.