Audio Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 165974
Position Title: Software Engineer II
(Location: Vancouver, Montreal, Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles preferred, but role could be open to other Canadian or US locations for the right candidate.)
Fueled by a passion for amazing visuals, sound and gameplay, our central tool and technology team enables creativity by building tools, pipelines and scalable runtime environments that help content creators take their assets from offline data to rich, runtime games experiences.
The Challenge Ahead
We want our games to feel natural and dynamic when you play them. We believe conversation and voice-over are necessary to this user experience.
Your team will look to take our voice-over systems to the next level, to promote industry-leading, environmentally aware, 3d action-oriented speech and sports commentary.
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will build an advanced, globally-connected, end-to-end voice-over recording, databasing, editing and runtime console playback solution that scales across all groups and titles. You will work on complex problems with other technical artists and engineers.
You will report to a team Development Director with support from the Technical Art Directors.
- Develop runtime logic systems that merge gameplay and audio and improve an immersive player experience
- Bring user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- Analyze current systems and develop the workflows, pipelines, and new runtime features for the next generation of voice-over tools and workflows.
- Partner with engine/platform developers and content partners to enhance existing workflows, pipelines, and runtime systems
- Promote code quality through unit-testing, code review, and automation.
- 3+ years experience in software or Windows application development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and hands-on experience.
- Working knowledge in C# development
- Expertise in C++ used in medium to large-scale projects, with experience in multi-threading and systems programming.
- Experience architecting and developing a medium-scale design.
- Creative mindset with a focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity.
- Experience offering guidance to a creative audience.
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 289
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。