Machine Translation Specialist Intern
Location: Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Requisition Number: 165001
Position Title: Intern General
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Please apply with a CV and Cover Letter in English.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a Machine Translation Specialist Intern does at EA:
- You will support the Machine Translation Specialist (MTS) with the execution against EA’s Machine Translation (MT) strategy and help accelerate our MT and Real-time Localization vision.
- Perform tests with different kind of content.
- Analyze Machine Translation output for quality improvements, and clean up TMs, feed glossaries into MT engines.
- Coming up with scripts to enhance automation of quality evaluation and data cleaning.
- Support the creation of regular expressions to optimize text import options in the CAT tool
- Test and document the results of output of trained MT engines.
- Review human post-edited output to produce high-quality of training corpus for MT engines.
- Support the MTS with creating guidelines and documentation on best practices for post-editors.
- Demonstrate active learning and work with the MT task force.
- Help with collecting feedback from vendors, preparation of data to train the engine, normalising our glossaries for automatic score and with general research on technology.
Experience we are looking for:
- Fluent English and a linguistic background (Fluency in other languages a plus).
- Current studies in localization technology or Deep Learning/AI.
- Understanding of MT and Machine Learning basics.
- Knowledge of Python and creation of scripts and regular expressions
- Knowledge of MT metrics and algorithms for quality evaluation
- Post-Editing knowledge.
- CAT tools and MT technology (SMT, NMT).
- Analytical and self-driven approach.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Experience in one of the world’s most successful video games companies.
- Be part of a creative and intercultural environment.
- Fair internship compensation and flexible working hours.
- Further benefits include employee discounts, free public transport tickets, games library, beverages and regular team events.
We thought you might also want to know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/cologne
Community / Marketing Title: Machine Translation Specialist Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-01 01:21:24.143
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.