Environment Artist (Create- Sports)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 163397
Position Title: Environment Artist 2
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
As Environment Artist you will work with both internal and external teams of the Worlds/Environments domain, to achieve diverse and engaging worlds and gameplay levels for our players. You will work with Art Direction and Level Design Leads, to help develop both the visual and gameplay experiences – according to the goals of each.
With an interest in creating content for our current and next-generation Sports titles, you will have expertise in creating entire levels, and hard surface assets and material creation.
- Create high-quality benchmark content, from individual assets to entire levels, sets, or stadiums/arenas.
- Set dress locations, conveying depth and storytelling in the way assets are composed – going beyond the immediate needs of game design.
- Deconstruct concept art, reference imagery, and style guides into efficient asset lists, taking into account opportunities for reuse and modular construction.
- Run the entire level/stadium building process, from initial grey-block rapid layout, through to final assets.
- Breakdown tasks, assemble reference material, write briefs, and oversee the work of our artists.
- Explore and recommend new techniques, tools, and workflows, that improve quality and efficiency.
- Maintain team best practices.
- Mentor junior/intermediate artists.
- 4 or more years of production experience with asset creation, and overseeing entire levels.
- You have expert knowledge of Maya, Max, or similar 3D modeling software.
- Asset creation abilities (hard surface, architecture or organic assets)
- Experience breaking down complex scenes into efficient asset sets and components.
- Experienced working methodically, from initial grey-block through to final assets, iterating with low-fidelity content to determine the approach, before building final assets.
- A sense of proportion, scene composition, and lighting.
- Convey a sense of 'story' through scene composition and set dressing – to enhance to the game design.
- Experienced in managing and directing a small subset of artists in delivering Environments content to final quality.
- Well versed in assessing scope, making recommendations, providing solid estimates, and delivering on time and to quality
- Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
- Experience working with designers, engineers, and tech artists to evolve workflows, pipelines, and to problem-solve.
- High fidelity modeling skills, along with ability to paint photorealistic surfaces using industry-standard physically-based 3D paint software (ideally Substance Painter).
- Examples of levels and assets that were created/owned from start to finish.
- Sets, assets and environments that demonstrate an understanding of composition, architectural construction, material properties, and organic wear and tear.
- Work examples that demonstrate effective world building processes, including modular construction.
- Examples of high fidelity modelled assets, painted using 3D paint software, e.g. Substance Painter.
Community / Marketing Title: Environment Artist (Create- Sports)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-12-12 04:38:54.58
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.