Senior Technical Artist Generalist
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161527
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Sr. Technical Artist Generalist
Maxis is looking for a Technical Artist - Generalist. We are gearing up for our next productions and we need some passionate teammates to work with us in bringing our new characters & worlds to life. If you are passionate about bringing the latest trends in technology to bear against your craft, and working with others to develop outstanding experiences for new IPs … come join our team.
You will report to a Technical Art Director at Maxis.
- Work with Technical & Art Directors, Engineers, Character & World Leads to develop industry-leading content pipelines .
- Develop tools and workflows to empower world, character, and animation artists to create excellent content.
- Create and maintain rigs and part systems for characters and animated objects.
- Work with TDs and TADs to develop content performance plans, and monitor performance to provide performance guidance, based on established metrics and reporting methods
- Develop tools, pipelines, & processes for performance management aligned towards meeting production goals.
- Firefight production issues, investigating hot issues and resolving roadblocks.
- Work with Technical Art partners across EA to develop and share pipelines and best practices.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing content and inspire others thru knowledge sharing.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years of tech art, tech animation, rigging, or world development experience in Maya for video games.
- Served as a Senior Tech Artist on a published or soon to be published video game project.
- Significant experience working in Unreal Editor.
- Expert proficiency with Maya and modern DCC applications.
- Proficiency in Python & Mel (C# and other languages a plus.)
- Experience writing tools to aid animators, character, and object artist workflows.
- In depth experience creating and maintaining high-end character rigs.
- Experience working with keyframe animation and motion capture data, troubleshooting motion data issues, and ensuring animation best practices.
- Understanding of real-time animation systems and developing within technical limitations of a range of platforms (pc, mobile, console, etc).
- Experience developing and maintaining animation blend trees.
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to achieve team technical goals.
- Ability to communicate through solid documentation of developed pipelines and workflows.
- Experience in Perforce or other version control software.
- Well versed in Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project management software.
- Development experience on next-gen console hardware (XB1/PS4).
- Experience with iOS/Android.
- Experience with Blueprint and/or asset scripting.
- The ability to read and write shader source code using HLSL or GLSL.
- Background in photography, painting, concept art, or animation.
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Experience with PBR rendering and material / light interactions.
- Skills in Substance Designer & Painter.
- Houdini procedural workflow experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist Generalist
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2020-06-29 17:13:59.84
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.