Senior Technical Artist Generalist
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161527
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Sr. Technical Artist Generalist
Maxis is looking for a Technical Artist - Generalist. We are gearing up for our next productions and we need some passionate teammates to work with us in bringing our new characters & worlds to life. If you are passionate about bringing the latest trends in technology to bear against your craft, and working with others to develop outstanding experiences for new IPs … come join our team.
You will report to a Technical Art Director at Maxis.
- Work with Technical & Art Directors, Engineers, Character & World Leads to develop industry-leading content pipelines .
- Develop tools and workflows to empower world, character, and animation artists to create excellent content.
- Create and maintain rigs and part systems for characters and animated objects.
- Work with TDs and TADs to develop content performance plans, and monitor performance to provide performance guidance, based on established metrics and reporting methods
- Develop tools, pipelines, & processes for performance management aligned towards meeting production goals.
- Firefight production issues, investigating hot issues and resolving roadblocks.
- Work with Technical Art partners across EA to develop and share pipelines and best practices.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing content and inspire others thru knowledge sharing.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years of tech art, tech animation, rigging, or world development experience in Maya for video games.
- Served as a Senior Tech Artist on a published or soon to be published video game project.
- Significant experience working in Unreal Editor.
- Expert proficiency with Maya and modern DCC applications.
- Proficiency in Python & Mel (C# and other languages a plus.)
- Experience writing tools to aid animators, character, and object artist workflows.
- In depth experience creating and maintaining high-end character rigs.
- Experience working with keyframe animation and motion capture data, troubleshooting motion data issues, and ensuring animation best practices.
- Understanding of real-time animation systems and developing within technical limitations of a range of platforms (pc, mobile, console, etc).
- Experience developing and maintaining animation blend trees.
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to achieve team technical goals.
- Ability to communicate through solid documentation of developed pipelines and workflows.
- Experience in Perforce or other version control software.
- Well versed in Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project management software.
- Development experience on next-gen console hardware (XB1/PS4).
- Experience with iOS/Android.
- Experience with Blueprint and/or asset scripting.
- The ability to read and write shader source code using HLSL or GLSL.
- Background in photography, painting, concept art, or animation.
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Experience with PBR rendering and material / light interactions.
- Skills in Substance Designer & Painter.
- Houdini procedural workflow experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist Generalist
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2020-06-29 17:13:59.84
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。