Game Creations Operations Engineer
Multiple Locations: Romania • Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 181623
Position Title: Associate Applications Engineer
The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA's employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to "ensure better play.
- Work directly with Game Creation engineers and help us solve technical challenges
- Resolve issues involving project implementation, code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis for the products/platforms assigned
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help us communicate the priorities of our customers
- Improve product quality by injecting fresh ideas and bringing innovations to existing products or platforms, building automation
- You will develop additional software components for tasks associated with the projects/platforms, designing and debugging software applications.
- You will participate in projects that improve overall product and documentation quality
- Participate in product/platform testing and updates
- Achieve knowledge transfer through the delivery of training, knowledge sessions, mentoring
- Help increase the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools/utilities
- Develop your technology skills and become a versatile IT professional
- Participate in weekend rotation and shifts
- Will report to Game Creation Operations Manager
The team operates in a 24x7 support model, so the ability to work in shifts, on weekends and on holidays is required.
- Have experience of 3 years working with customers
- Empathy for the customer experience
- Able to manage time and balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- Understanding complex technical issues and being able to express them in simple and concise language
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g. SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Understand technology concepts - virtualization, operating systems (Linux, Windows), cloud (AWS, Azure), networking (IP, routing, firewall, ACL's), scripting (Python, Bash, Powershell)
Community / Marketing Title: Game Creations Operations Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 9
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts