Associate Technical Artist
Posizione: Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 178943
Position Title: Associate Technical Artist
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let’s say that again—iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Motive is looking for a technical artist to work with the world art and design teams to develop tools and workflows for the creation of a large open world. The candidate’s primary responsibilities would be developing large systems for procedural world creation but in addition to this, would also be responsible for the development of smaller helper tools in engine or DCC applications.
- Work with the various art and engineering stakeholders to help define, create, document and manage the project’s art tools and workflows.
- Develop procedural tools and systems in engine (Unreal) or DCC applications (Houdini) to help scale content production for large open worlds
- Troubleshoot technical issues with the art team, both in the DCC packages and in the game engine.
- Participate in art asset and level reviews, with an eye towards identifying technical concerns and risks.
- Guide and tutor art staff on project best practices as well as mentor junior technical art team members.
- Act as a subject matter liaison within the wider EA development community.
- Proficient in the use of Maya/3dsMax and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of procedural asset creation software like Houdini, Substance.
- Experience writing scripts/tools in Python, C# or C++.
- Experience developing procedural solutions for open world games is an asset.
- Experience with the full development cycle of AAA games.
- Experience working on current console platforms (PS4/Xbox One) and PC.
- Good understanding of modern lighting and rendering techniques is an asset.
- Holds their work to high standards and desires to meet and exceed expectations.
- Strong teamwork skills while also retaining the ability to take ownership and work independently.
- Passion for making games look and play great.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 125
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.