Multiple Locations: Pennsylvania, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 176312
Position Title: Game Designer II
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Game Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to improve ourselves and our craft. You will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within the US or Canada to apply.
- Work with project leads to design, document, and prioritize new gameplay features and systems, within a large Battlefield project, ensuring they meet the quality bar
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders on the status and issues that affect gameplay design, advocating for solutions that meet the needs of multiple groups
- Drive teamwide understanding and excitement for new features
- Work with technical designers and engineers to investigate and prototype new features
- Ensure all design documentation is delivered on time, is detailed enough for accurate estimation and all impacted parties have been able to review and respond
- Provide and solicit feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project
- Mentor more junior designers to reach their full potential
- Work with Experience Design to incorporate feedback from research, playtest data, and community feedback to create an outstanding player experience
- Shipped at least one AAA game, or at least 3 years experience in game design
- Solid understanding of mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Advocate for respectful communication
- Broad taste in games
Valuable additional skills:
- Experience working and communicating across multiple time zones
- Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages, or tools
- FPS or live service experience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that appreciates creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $90,550 - $137,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $86,150 - $137,700
• New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $86,150 - $137,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $86,150 - $126,700
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $86,150 - $126,700
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 130
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.