Animation Department Director
Locații multiple: California, USA • Orlando, FL, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175582
Position Title: DD II
EA is a world-renowned entertainment leader, creating top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences enjoyed by players all over the world. EA artists strive to create characters, performances, scenery, moods and experiences that suspend disbelief and emotionally connect with players.
EA Create's Animation team is responsible for high-quality performance in all aspects of their work. They know how to reveal emotions, attitude, and mood through a character's movement and behavior, creating memorable characters that appeal to players. In the end, the look of a game is a significant factor in a game's overall impact to players.
What you will do at EA
We are looking for an experienced person who is responsible for the business and direction for a growing team. You must be passionate about both people and project management, providing leadership for the department's business and strategy. The Development Director oversees all projects in Animation, ensuring each project delivers as expected, aligned with the department's expertise and planning.
Reporting to the Senior Development Director, you will establish the direction and the future trajectory of our Animation team, making sure we works together towards the department's strategic vision.
Leadership and People Management
- Champion the department's strategic vision and ensure leadership understands the direction for the department
- Partner with the Senior Animation Director on long-term needs, technical roadmap, staff development plans, and future department growth opportunities
- Connect with development partners to understand animation needs
- Work with development team leadership to identify opportunities for business and evolve the team's craft
- Collaborate with Create leadership across Rigging, Motion Capture, Scanning, Audio, Operations, Finance, and external partners
- Ensure all projects are planned and staffed
- Organize the scale of the team
- Mentor Development Directors
- Provide constructive feedback to team members and guide their career development and progression
- Create an inclusive environment and address any conflict on the team
- Develop positive working relationships with internal and partner teams
- Promote a creative and supportive environment where people can flourish
- Establish a solution-based approach to overcome complex challenges in collaboration with the team and other disciplines
- Oversee all staffing, finding solutions to meet staff requirements
- Be responsible for financial planning and reporting
- Represent the Animation department to all development teams and business leaders, promoting the work we do and looking for collaboration opportunities
- Work with Operations to create estimate tools for accurate scoping and bidding
- Collect metrics for all projects, conducting business analysis and looking for efficiencies
- Support animation production in any risk management and solutions
- Drive innovation for Animation's needs; work with production to find new production solutions
- Champion improvements to tools and standards regarding project bidding, tracking metrics, communicating progress and identifying risk
- Collect all scope of work, schedule, deadlines, and dependencies
- Stay up-to-date on all scope of work, keeping all scope in one central location
- Develop an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resources needed to meet the task requirements
- Track metrics and scope changes
- Ensure all projects stay on scope and schedule
- For additional scope, ensure the new work is evaluated and does not affect the agreed upon scope of work
- Ensure all production updates are communicated and to the proper audiences
- Identify and escalate risk
- Direct financial planning, representing the department's budget and changes during quarterly estimates
- 7+ years project management experience
- 5+ years team leadership experience
- Familiarity with animation production processes and pipelines
- Industry experience in video games, film, or television
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations
- Experience in several project management methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile
- Familiar with project management tools, such as JIRA, Shotgrid
Community / Marketing Title: Animation Department Director
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Days Open: 54
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.