Animation Department Director
여러 위치: California, USA • Orlando, FL, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175582
Position Title: DD II
EA is a world-renowned entertainment leader, creating top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences enjoyed by players all over the world. EA artists strive to create characters, performances, scenery, moods and experiences that suspend disbelief and emotionally connect with players.
EA Create's Animation team is responsible for high-quality performance in all aspects of their work. They know how to reveal emotions, attitude, and mood through a character's movement and behavior, creating memorable characters that appeal to players. In the end, the look of a game is a significant factor in a game's overall impact to players.
What you will do at EA
We are looking for an experienced person who is responsible for the business and direction for a growing team. You must be passionate about both people and project management, providing leadership for the department's business and strategy. The Development Director oversees all projects in Animation, ensuring each project delivers as expected, aligned with the department's expertise and planning.
Reporting to the Senior Development Director, you will establish the direction and the future trajectory of our Animation team, making sure we works together towards the department's strategic vision.
Leadership and People Management
- Champion the department's strategic vision and ensure leadership understands the direction for the department
- Partner with the Senior Animation Director on long-term needs, technical roadmap, staff development plans, and future department growth opportunities
- Connect with development partners to understand animation needs
- Work with development team leadership to identify opportunities for business and evolve the team's craft
- Collaborate with Create leadership across Rigging, Motion Capture, Scanning, Audio, Operations, Finance, and external partners
- Ensure all projects are planned and staffed
- Organize the scale of the team
- Mentor Development Directors
- Provide constructive feedback to team members and guide their career development and progression
- Create an inclusive environment and address any conflict on the team
- Develop positive working relationships with internal and partner teams
- Promote a creative and supportive environment where people can flourish
- Establish a solution-based approach to overcome complex challenges in collaboration with the team and other disciplines
- Oversee all staffing, finding solutions to meet staff requirements
- Be responsible for financial planning and reporting
- Represent the Animation department to all development teams and business leaders, promoting the work we do and looking for collaboration opportunities
- Work with Operations to create estimate tools for accurate scoping and bidding
- Collect metrics for all projects, conducting business analysis and looking for efficiencies
- Support animation production in any risk management and solutions
- Drive innovation for Animation's needs; work with production to find new production solutions
- Champion improvements to tools and standards regarding project bidding, tracking metrics, communicating progress and identifying risk
- Collect all scope of work, schedule, deadlines, and dependencies
- Stay up-to-date on all scope of work, keeping all scope in one central location
- Develop an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resources needed to meet the task requirements
- Track metrics and scope changes
- Ensure all projects stay on scope and schedule
- For additional scope, ensure the new work is evaluated and does not affect the agreed upon scope of work
- Ensure all production updates are communicated and to the proper audiences
- Identify and escalate risk
- Direct financial planning, representing the department's budget and changes during quarterly estimates
- 7+ years project management experience
- 5+ years team leadership experience
- Familiarity with animation production processes and pipelines
- Industry experience in video games, film, or television
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations
- Experience in several project management methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile
- Familiar with project management tools, such as JIRA, Shotgrid
Community / Marketing Title: Animation Department Director
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Days Open: 54
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.