Lage: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 175184
Position Title: Quality Analyst II
Quality Analyst - A-Team
Vancouver, Canada or Remote (North America)
Our Character Animation Research Team (known as the A-Team) is a small team based in Vancouver, British Columbia with remote members throughout North America.
We are a cross-functional, applied R&D team, strategically positioned in EA to drive and disrupt the future of character animation technology. We are a self-motivated, collaborative team, empowered to constantly explore and leverage the latest innovations across the fields of animation, rigging, physics, and machine learning. Our technology has been used to create next-generation gameplay realism across EA titles such as FIFA, Madden, NHL, UFC, Battlefield, and many others.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Quality Analyst to join the A-Team. Our ideal candidate is, like us, passionate about making games in a collaborative environment with a team of veteran developers. You will be responsible for driving and owning the quality verification processes for our team. This includes creating and executing test strategies, gaining understanding of our animation systems, and finding opportunities to improve our testing capabilities.
- Become a master of EA’s proprietary Frostbite Animation System, as well as new cutting edge technologies developed by the team.
- Create and execute test strategies and tests cases (White, Grey and Black Box).
- Analyze requirements and technical documentation to gain a understanding of the system under test.
- Provide validation of new functionality by using a combination of scripted and exploratory testing techniques.
- Develop understanding of systems/area and communicate progress, status and risks.
- Identify and report defects and risks.
- Partner with developers to understand the changes, collaborate on testing strategy and provide rapid feedback.
- Participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, work breakdowns, and estimates.
- Be the embedded QA and test expert and mentor in the Scrum team and work collaboratively to deliver features.
- Perform root cause analysis on major escapes and help promote prevention initiatives.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and prevention efforts across all facets of the software development lifecycle.
- Report directly to the A-Team Animation Director to take advantage of any opportunities you find.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in QA.
- Passion for QA and Testing.
- Full-Stack - Experienced in frontend and backend testing (Required: Black box and Grey box | Asset: White box)
- Have an eye for quality
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and have an Agile mindset
- Experience working closely with other domains - especially Designers, Engineers and Artist’s
- Proactive work ethics, being able to identify problems and resolve them.
- Experience writing/designing automated system tests for web interfaces.
- Experience in animation or video games is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-08-11 21:36:01.42
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.