Multiple Locations: Melbourne VIC, Australia • Sydney NSW, Australia
Requisition Number: 174060
Position Title: Manager Engineering
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We're looking for an experienced and dedicated Engineering Manager to join us in developing AAA mobile games. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience managing teams of accomplished engineers and a passion for the industry!
As an Engineering Manager, you will report to the game Technical Director. You will work with other Firemonkeys leaders in solving challenges across teams. You will help coach engineers on the team. You will be part of a team that is passionate about creating industry-leading software and help push our technologies forward while having fun. This opportunity is ideal for an experienced team leader who still wants an opportunity to keep their hands in the code.
- You will directly oversee the career development of engineers on the team
- You will help recruit and grow the team
- You will work with the Product Manager and Technical Director to ensure production work has a well-defined scope and that any local and global architecture effects are understood
- You will help determine software development best practices
- You will work with QV and engineers to provide a clear testing strategy
- You will work with the Product Manager to help build solid plans and track the progress of commitments
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role
- 5+ years professional experience including C#/C++ application development
- Passion for solving challenging problems
- Experience working with a large codebase
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility - we're hybrid forward, so you'll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-06-08 00:57:04.477
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.