Director of Product, Enterprise Data
Wiele lokalizacji: Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 174017
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Director of Product, Enterprise Data
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts is an innovative technology company that creates incredible experiences for millions of gamers around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
The EA Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA's employees, studios and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to "ensure better play."
About the Role
This is a key product leadership role in the EA IT’s Enterprise Data team and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to lead the product strategy for enterprise-level solutions in support of Enterprise Data Management for EA’s business units, studios and central services teams.
This role is responsible for driving the strategy around the capture, ingestion, curation, and analytical expression of the data needed to make decisions about running our business and building the right products and features to impact the customer experience. This effort extends across numerous business domains. and includes planning the product roadmap and prioritizing the applicable technology backlog, leading product discovery, and measuring and communicating results of the investments in production, all while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
You will report to EAIT’s Company Operations pillar leader and will lead the next generation of capabilities to plan and gain insights into how EA can meet the needs of players worldwide.
- Refine and drive EAIT’s Enterprise Data Strategy and Vision that aligns with EA's complex product ecosystem, considering industry trends, vendor marketspace, and organizational priorities
- Lead a team of data product managers and help create product vision, goals and roadmap to achieve the right business outcome
- Uncover underlying stakeholder needs by focusing on the "why" and work with partners to establish the right goals, and transform specific requests into prioritized capabilities that solve the underlying need
- Align and coordinate data demand from various business verticals, product and projects into a cohesive, collaborative enterprise data platform; manage priorities across data demand from products in different areas while maintaining a continuous alignment with data platform roadmap
- Determine what capabilities and delivery approach will have the biggest return on investment
- Determine and document customer journey, process maps, and detailed user stories and requirements
- Partner with engineering, UX, and vendors to assess build vs. buy options, focused on delivering simple and scalable solutions with a reasonable time to value
- Determine trade-offs and fit gap analysis to guide product decisions and set partner expectations
- Provide Product Management leadership for the delivery cycle to take ideas from concept to implementation
- Refine requirements based on prototyping, and iterative feedback, acting as a bridge between customer desires and technical realities
- Ensure end-to-end product release including feature development, integrations, data migration, cutover from legacy applications, and stabilization/support
- Working with engineering and establish sprint plans, issues, and decisions, anticipating risk and ensuring focus stays on maximizing value within the timeline and resource constraints
- Track and communicate progress while managing user/partner/leadership expectations
- Manage change and improve product to adapt to changing customer needs
- Promote collaboration with partner groups on process, people and policy changes to enhance product changes
- Build awareness, excitement and knowledge of new features through communication, training material creation and facilitation of training sessions
- Solicit feedback and analyze data to always learn and evolve product and approach
- Bridge decisions, issues and focus of several products to ensure product line as a whole is delivering a delightful user experience
- Develop broader understanding of EA’s Enterprise Data landscape and related products
- Represent EAIT in enterprise wide data forums and initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- 12+ years in a technology field, with at least 5+ years in a product management leadership role in the enterprise-scale data and analytic platforms domain
- 7+ years of technical knowledge of data management/warehousing and software development with a focus on rapid, large-scale distributed development, test and release cycles
- 7+ years of experience developing complex, large-scale, enterprise data platforms including cloud-based architectures, data models, applications, analytics etc.
- Experience in leading enterprise data products, including, but not limited to People Analytics, Financial Analytics, Product development Analytics, Applications/Infrastructure monitoring, Marketing Analytics, Consumer Analytics etc
- Ability to understand, define and solve problems, executing and delivering in a quickly evolving environment
- Extensive product management experience, especially in the formulation of strategy and roadmaps, as well as associated standards, policies, and frameworks
- Experience with full SDLC methodologies, practices and frameworks
- Understanding of data modeling concepts and techniques in OLTP and OLAP areas
- Understanding of differences in data platforms (relational, non-relational, semi-structured, key-value pair storage, dense vs. sparse data)
- Knowledge of data warehousing basics (Inmon, Kimball models)
- Understanding of concepts of data virtualization, data sharing, data clean room
- Conceptual knowledge of Data Management, AI/ML, modern database and programming technologies, object-oriented analysis and design.
- Familiarity with modern tools including, but not limited to Python, R, SQL, C#, Java, C++, Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, Snowflake etc.
- Expertise working on a team with motivated cross-functional individuals focused on a common goal of delivering innovative solutions to meet aggressive business demands in an ever-changing environment to achieve on-time and on budget completion of projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences and a demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical themes to C-level executives
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
- Experience leading cloud-based system evaluations and technology implementations in a product management role with a history of being able to get teams to work on the right outcomes
- Led structured and detailed planning including timeline and budget considerations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed to meet with stakeholders, team members etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Computing Science, Data Science, Information Systems or engineering discipline required
- Certifications in Product Management, Agile Practices etc desirable
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages; and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Product, Enterprise Data
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta lub jakąkolwiek inną cechę chronioną prawnie. Rozpatrzymy również aplikacje wykwalifikowanych osób skazanych prawomocnym wyrokiem zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem. EA zapewnia także miejsca pracy dla wykwalifikowanych osób niepełnosprawnych zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.
Date Opened: 2022-06-03 19:18:37.72
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.