Development Director, IPeX
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Sacramento, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 170386
Position Title: DD II
Development Director, IPeX
At EA, we believe in the power of Positive Play. Inclusion transforms the player experience, and we want to make games that resonate with people around the world.
The IPeX team (Inclusive Player Experience), which is part of EA's Positive Play Group, exists to support our developers by advocating for a more deliberate effort for inclusion and diversity in our products and game development processes. By integrating Inclusive Design into the foundation of how we make games at EA, we aim to produce relatable content, and authentically represent players worldwide. You will report into the Director of Inclusive Design.
- Guide continuous improvement of our processes
- Work with our partners to communicate our plans and development progress and foster strong relationships
- Identify and report risks and develop mitigation strategies for them collaboratively
- Resolve roadblocks for teams to allow them to make a difference
- Establish WGLL (What Good Looks Like), identify key partners for regular communications and product check-ins.
- Manage engagement with game teams throughout the development cycle
- Develop a validation plan that helps us limit project risk as we develop inclusive game features
What you can expect from us
- We are a team to support your professional development.
- We provide opportunities where you will affect the development of games for positive impact
What we look for in applicants
- 5+ years project management experience in software development
- Some years of leadership experience and a desire to lead and help teams achieve their goals
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies sand practices
- Experience building Project road-maps, retrospectives, and dependency management
- Experience navigating through complex project setups with multiple stakeholders
- Experience presenting to large groups of individuals.
- You have a passion for gaming, player communities and quality
- And you have a heart for inclusive design
We welcome applicants from any areas and backgrounds, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Cognitive science, Game design.
Please apply online with a CV and cover letter in English We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director, IPeX
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-02 02:12:11.263
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.