Senior Data Scientist (Studio Data & Insights)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Georgia, USA
Requisition Number: 170173
Position Title: Data Scientist II
We are hiring a Senior Data Scientist for our Studio Data and Insights (SDI) Data Science team. SDI Data Science partners with every EA game studio (including Respawn, EA Sports, Bioware) to offer data science products and solutions, in the areas including recommendations, matchmaking, NLP, computer vision, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist experienced with search, content curation and monitoring content for issues such as toxicity. You will have experience with NLP and vision, and will apply those skills to aid efforts around content discoverability, prioritization and moderation in our games. You will work with our Lead Data Scientist who leads our team's content and toxicity pillar.
- Work directly with game teams/partners (internal clients) to understand their offerings/domain and create data science products and solutions to solve for their use cases.
- Assist our team's lead of Content/Toxicity with generalizing products across titles.
- Work on team projects within your pillar (Content/Toxicity), proposing methodology and guiding the direction of each project.
- Communicate data science projects and products to team members.
- Ensure methodology and experimental design and how experiments can produce applicable conclusions.
- Design, improve and work with our data pipeline that transfers and processes petabytes of data using S3, Kubernetes, Sagemaker, GCP, Python, Apache Kafka, & Hive.
- Build data manipulation, processing, and data visualizations to aid in your modeling efforts.
- Use your statistical and computational knowledge to build algorithms for calculating variances, state predictions, and find trends.
- Assist game teams and data teams in making important decisions.
- Ph.D./Master's in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field encouraged.
- 4+ years of professional experience manipulating data sets, building statistical models, and productizing models along with experience applying Data Science methodologies to real-world problems.
- Experience working on NLP and Computer Vision projects.
- Bring projects to their completion.
- Experienced in analyzing extremely complex, multi-dimensional data sets with a variety of tools.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Experience with a deep learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Knowledgeable about data warehouse and non-relational data techniques to work with engineering partners
- Experience using SQL or other query languages.
- Big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- Application deployment using AWS, GCP, Virtual Machines, or Docker
- Experience working for partners with non-data science backgrounds
- Programming experience in a system programming language such as C/C++ or Java.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- Interest in games is a big plus
Games and gaming are changing. Over the next few years, that change is going to accelerate and without the proper knowledge and toolsets to exploit this, many developers will struggle to keep up with it. Our job as the Studio's Data Science team is to ensure that our studios are equipped with as much insight and clarity as possible to not only keep pace but become the shapers of that evolution, to help EA lead into the future. We find that exciting and we hope that you do, too.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist (Studio Data & Insights)
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano, o de cualquier otra característica protegida por ley. También consideramos candidatos cualificados con antecedentes penales, de acuerdo a la ley aplicable. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.
Date Opened: 2021-11-22 19:40:59.593
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.