Senior Data Scientist (Studio Data & Insights)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 170173
Position Title: Data Scientist II
We are hiring a Senior Data Scientist for our Studio Data and Insights (SDI) Data Science team. SDI Data Science partners with every EA game studio (including Respawn, EA Sports, Bioware) to offer data science products and solutions, in the areas including recommendations, matchmaking, NLP, computer vision, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist experienced with search, content curation and monitoring content for issues such as toxicity. You will have experience with NLP and vision, and will apply those skills to aid efforts around content discoverability, prioritization and moderation in our games. You will work with our Lead Data Scientist who leads our team's content and toxicity pillar.
- Work directly with game teams/partners (internal clients) to understand their offerings/domain and create data science products and solutions to solve for their use cases.
- Assist our team's lead of Content/Toxicity with generalizing products across titles.
- Work on team projects within your pillar (Content/Toxicity), proposing methodology and guiding the direction of each project.
- Communicate data science projects and products to team members.
- Ensure methodology and experimental design and how experiments can produce applicable conclusions.
- Design, improve and work with our data pipeline that transfers and processes petabytes of data using S3, Kubernetes, Sagemaker, GCP, Python, Apache Kafka, & Hive.
- Build data manipulation, processing, and data visualizations to aid in your modeling efforts.
- Use your statistical and computational knowledge to build algorithms for calculating variances, state predictions, and find trends.
- Assist game teams and data teams in making important decisions.
- Ph.D./Master's in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field encouraged.
- 4+ years of professional experience manipulating data sets, building statistical models, and productizing models along with experience applying Data Science methodologies to real-world problems.
- Experience working on NLP and Computer Vision projects.
- Bring projects to their completion.
- Experienced in analyzing extremely complex, multi-dimensional data sets with a variety of tools.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Experience with a deep learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Knowledgeable about data warehouse and non-relational data techniques to work with engineering partners
- Experience using SQL or other query languages.
- Big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- Application deployment using AWS, GCP, Virtual Machines, or Docker
- Experience working for partners with non-data science backgrounds
- Programming experience in a system programming language such as C/C++ or Java.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- Interest in games is a big plus
Games and gaming are changing. Over the next few years, that change is going to accelerate and without the proper knowledge and toolsets to exploit this, many developers will struggle to keep up with it. Our job as the Studio's Data Science team is to ensure that our studios are equipped with as much insight and clarity as possible to not only keep pace but become the shapers of that evolution, to help EA lead into the future. We find that exciting and we hope that you do, too.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist (Studio Data & Insights)
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2021-11-22 19:40:59.593
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.