Character Creature Concept Artist - BioWare
Multiple Locations: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169718
Position Title: Concept Artist 2
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Concept Artist will do at BioWare:
- Work with our art director, and character artists to create a cast of believable characters and creatures.
- Create a diverse range of characters on specific elements such as outfits, hairstyles, and facial stylization.
- Create several creature designs, props, and visual effects concepts.
- Design original concepts that fit within the project style guide.
- Translate high-level ideas into production-ready art packets.
- Enhance existing concepts with detail views, paintovers, turnarounds, and material references.
- Maintain art, while providing a variety of ideas.
- Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas.
- Create lighting schemes and color palettes that capture the tone of the world.
- You will report to the Lead Character Development Director.
- Who You Are:
- 3+ years of concept experience.
- 1+ shipped video game titles.
- Create concepts from scratch and create color studies.
- Passion and experience with character concept art and design.
- Traditional illustration skills in multiple medias and excellent drawing skills, and matte painting experience.
- Experience with storytelling and concept development.
- Work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director, and mentor other concept artists.
- Experience in 3D modeling or sculpting packages such as 3dsmax, Maya, Blender, ZBrush, or 3D Coat.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Creature Concept Artist - BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-02 22:25:32.657
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.