Quality Assurance Engineer - FIFA
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 169683
Position Title: Quality Designer II
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
EA Vancouver is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join an established, experienced team of working on a AAA Sports title in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help improve quality across both the FIFA franchise, and across Sports business located in Vancouver and Bucharest. You will report to the FIFA QV Development Director.
- You will build working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams that you will use to guide a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- You will make test ideas into test plans using both manual and automated test cases for product features to increase software quality while also addressing solutions to problems from senior management.
- You are a mentor for peers, assisting with and growing their knowledge.
- Work with us to improve existing testing and issue analysis activities to achieve the agreed upon goals.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across multiple teams.
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other team members.
- Promote a "Player First" approach always and be an advocate for the player in everything we do to help us achieve a high-quality experience for our players.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of AAA software/game development, including both and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with test automation & at least one scripting language.
- Experience working with complex systems and technical issues.
- Work with medium to large-scale on-site teams and with external partners.
- Experience with CI/CD, bug prevention and containment tools and strategies.
- Experience with games, Mobile or Web UI test automation
- Compile data points spanning multiple sources into cohesive and consumable summaries for senior team members.
- Defect and Task tracking tool experience (JIRA, DevTrack, Test Rail, or Hansoft)
- Perforce or other collaboration tool experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-01 21:32:38.34
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.