Lead Software Engineer
Locație: San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 168983
Position Title: Manager Engineering
CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio that is now part of the Electronic Arts family, and we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for our players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we're also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineering to manage a team of Unity Developers working on the hit mobile game - Design Home. You will guide and develop the careers of a group of engineers. You will work with Production, Product Management, Content and Art teams to help plan, architect, oversee, and implement exciting new features. You will drive and mentor the engineering team through feature design, implementation, and debugging processes to achieve robust code consistently. You will collaborate on and promote a thriving company culture that features happy hours, social events, and game jams/hack-a-thons.
- Meet with client engineers to provide 1:1 career support.
- Work with your client engineering team to plan, architect, and help build large-scale game features.
- Lead and coach the engineering team in maintaining a robust roadmap guided by accurate, reliable task estimates. Make quick, reasonable estimates for new feature work, and propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Identify and improve the codebase through process.
- Contribute to Build, Embody, and uphold good production processes and coding practices.
- Mentor younger members of the team on architecture and good coding practices.
- 8+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of recent Unity experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience managing software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive growth opportunities for subordinates.
- Ability to architect elegant and efficient solutions to complex game features.
- Proactively bring architecture and performance improvements to legacy code both personally and through process.
- Can ship high quality, bug-free code under a deadline.
- Great working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Knowledge of optimizing Unity for maximum performance.
- Knowledge of Unity's UGui UI system.
- Experience with full-stack development.
- Experience with native platform development.
- Experience with a scripting language like Python or NodeJS.
- Experience working on large teams with well established processes.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:23.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.