Lead Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168983
Position Title: Manager Engineering
CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio that is now part of the Electronic Arts family, and we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for our players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we're also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineering to manage a team of Unity Developers working on the hit mobile game - Design Home. You will guide and develop the careers of a group of engineers. You will work with Production, Product Management, Content and Art teams to help plan, architect, oversee, and implement exciting new features. You will drive and mentor the engineering team through feature design, implementation, and debugging processes to achieve robust code consistently. You will collaborate on and promote a thriving company culture that features happy hours, social events, and game jams/hack-a-thons.
- Meet with client engineers to provide 1:1 career support.
- Work with your client engineering team to plan, architect, and help build large-scale game features.
- Lead and coach the engineering team in maintaining a robust roadmap guided by accurate, reliable task estimates. Make quick, reasonable estimates for new feature work, and propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Identify and improve the codebase through process.
- Contribute to Build, Embody, and uphold good production processes and coding practices.
- Mentor younger members of the team on architecture and good coding practices.
- 8+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of recent Unity experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience managing software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive growth opportunities for subordinates.
- Ability to architect elegant and efficient solutions to complex game features.
- Proactively bring architecture and performance improvements to legacy code both personally and through process.
- Can ship high quality, bug-free code under a deadline.
- Great working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Knowledge of optimizing Unity for maximum performance.
- Knowledge of Unity's UGui UI system.
- Experience with full-stack development.
- Experience with native platform development.
- Experience with a scripting language like Python or NodeJS.
- Experience working on large teams with well established processes.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:23.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。