Senior Consumer Researcher
位置: San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 168950
Position Title: Sr Researcher
Glu Mobile, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts (EA); a leading developer of high-fidelity, free-to-play mobile games, is seeking a Senior Researcher that is passionate about gaming, player audiences and interior design to join Glu Research as a semi-embedded member of the Crowdstar Studio.
The CrowdStar studio is a global leader in mobile and social gaming; developing interactive entertainment products aimed to engage, enrich and empower women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we are also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women, but also enriching lives.
For this role, you will be a semi-embedded researcher and have a working understanding of a range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You enjoy collaboration and working as a semi-embedded researcher that partners with a diverse team consisting of studio leads, product managers, marketing, designers, engineers, and fellow researchers. You can translate business questions, develop and execute a research strategy and provide applicable insights that improve the play experience, deepen audience understanding and inform the product road map. You can identify gaps in our research process and can develop protocols and practices to improve the team and our craft. You enjoy mobile gaming and believe a great player experience is inspired by an understanding of our audience.
What you will do:
- Partner with Studio leads to identify business questions/problems and develop research roadmaps that are aligned with strategic goals
- Identify gaps or areas of opportunity in our player understanding. Enhance research questions to be applicable across the studio or impact strategy
- Guide research briefs and research plans that align with the research questions and goals
- Lead the full research project lifecycle from study design, execution, analysis, to reporting with autonomy
- Lead a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques internally (heuristic evaluations, competitor analysis, market studies, playtests, diary studies, segmentation, survey) and externally (vendors) that tap into current and prospective audiences.
- Provide synthesized and tangible recommendations that facilitate partner understanding and integrate insights into the marketing and product roadmaps across the studio.
- Communicate with different Glu and EA departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
- Play the games in development and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Identify and determine opportunities to improve the current research practice
- Investigate and report on new methodologies to improve research operations with the larger team
- Mentor other researchers, guiding efforts and providing coaching.
- 4+ years experience (or equivalent) leading consumer research or marketing research in fashion, design, gaming or mobile app spaces
- BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Computer Science, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Social Science or related fields
- Experience with qualitative research techniques with some experience with mixed methods or vendor management
- Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methods from other fields to gaming or other entertainment sectors
- Ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consumer Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無、および法律で保護されたその他のあらゆる状況は考慮されません。 また、犯罪歴のある人物の雇用も、募集要項を満たす応募者の場合は適用法令に従って検討します。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Days Open: 126
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。