Manager Software Engineering
Locație: San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 168943
Position Title: Manager Engineering
Manager, Software Engineering
CrowdStar is now part of EA Mobile. We have formed a powerful growth engine to expand our current games and provide amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere.
We believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment to create games played by millions of users.
As a Manager of Software Engineering you will report into the Technical Director. You will design and develop the backend services that support our games in partnership with the client team. You will be the decision maker on technical choices and guide the server development team to deliver high-quality technical solutions. You will assist with planning, costing and allocation of resources. You will interact with multiple stakeholders to ensure the execution of our roadmap and product requirements. Our managers are hands on and are expected to spend some of their time coding.
- Lead the design and development efforts of the backend team
- Coordinate development efforts with the client team
- Maintain existing services and make suggestions for engineering-driven development opportunities
- Identify, drive and coordinate codebase improvements
- Plan against and pivot the team for new challenges that arise during development
- Ensure performance and scalability of services
- Work with producers to drive sprint planning and task estimation
- Mentor and work with engineers, including helping them solve coding and architectural problems
- Audit and review technical plans and specifications
- Drive the team to successful launches and ongoing support of services
- Identify, design and build tools for the broader studio
- Stay up to date with modern backend technologies, and suggest applicable uses
- Encourage knowledge sharing with other teams
- 6+ years of professional development experience building backend services, having shipped at least one mobile title with live service
- BS/MS Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Expertise in multiple server side languages (e.g. PHP, Python, Java/Kotlin)
- Expertise with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres), NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Couchbase) and caching technologies (e.g. Redis)
- Expertise with modern cloud architecture (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Expertise in debugging software in distributed architectures
- Expertise in automated testing best practices
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring and Profiling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Expert knowledge of PHP and experience with PHP frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Laravel/Lumen)
- Expert knowledge of a JVM based language (e.g. Java, Kotlin)
- Developed back-end services for mobile apps that have millions of daily users
- Experience working with team members across different time zones, and of different backgrounds and cultures
- Aspirations to become a people manager
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Software Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Days Open: 158
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.