Senior Analytics Engineer (Apex Mobile)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168819
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Working in partnership with the Sr. Manager for Analytics Engineering, operates as an engagement partner / contact for Apex Mobile Analytics Engineering and partner teams for data and analytics.
- Represent the Analytics engineering team in product and design meetings.
- Translating business requirements into technical asks for analytics engineers to execute against.
- Work with the Analytics function Development Director (Technical Producer) and Sr. Manager Analytics Engineering on requirements prioritization and planning.
Visualization - Design:
- Partners with data engineers and product managers to translate raw analytics needs / requests into engineering requirements.
- Learns a strong understanding of the mechanics of the game in order to architect solutions in partnership with data engineers.
Visualization - Engineering:
- Create and maintain dashboards for product, design, and engineering teams.
- Support self-service power users with advanced querying and analysis when needed.
Testing & Validation:
- Partner with QA and data engineers to create test plans for functional and load testing of data and telemetry.
Ideally, you will have…
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years' experience working with Analytics tooling, Data pipelines, Relational databases, and Visualization tools.
- Experience with partnering and collaboration with engineering teams and partners for requirements definition.
- An understanding of analytics streaming and data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake, Kafka, and similar technologies.
- Experience collaborating between technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience using analytics tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, and similar.
- Experience working with Databases, Building Schemas, Validating Data using Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL and similar technologies.
- Experience with a cloud-based data-warehousing system (e.g. Snowflake).
- Excellent SQL skills - DML and DDL - able to write complex SQL, multi-table joins and unions, to create dimensional models.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Expert in researching troubleshooting techniques and best practices and use of new technologies.
- Bonus Qualification: Fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- Bonus Qualification: Experience working with ML technologies for Data modeling, forecasting.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Analytics Engineer (Apex Mobile)
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-01 20:21:57.857
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.