Software Engineer – Quality Engineering
Posizioni multiple: Pasadena, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 168358
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA’s Quality Engineering team is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join the QE effort at Industrial Toys, a AAA mobile development team to support creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world. Located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Old Pasadena, Industrial Toys is growing and generating buzz in the mobile games industry. Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of AAA game development.
In this role, you will constantly push the envelope in quality and design through cutting-edge tools and automation. You will contribute to developing an automation framework, setting up an automation platform, building performance metrics pipelines and improving our automation environment.
This individual should have well-rounded programming skills, be capable of working on all portions of a technology stack and be able to independently assess and estimate tasks. The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across many groups and individuals in both the development and quality verification domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a direct impact on our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer!
- 4+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, ideally C++
- 1+ years of professional experience with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, software development best practices and API design for extensibility and portability
- Ability to identify automation opportunities, gaps in coverage and proactively introduce innovative automation strategies into the overall development processes.
- Monitor product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Strong ownership, solid drive, and be able to lead people to their goals.
- Experience with source control management tools (e.g., Perforce, Git).
- Ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with stakeholders, monitor requirements and proactively provide suggestions on processes that present room for improvement
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to work with a large, cross-functional, and distributed team.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android software development.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with large-scale game engines (e.g., UE4 etc.)
- Experience with software scripting skills (e.g., Python)
- Holding CSM, CSPO, A-CSPO, PMP or other Agile/Scrum and management certifications.
Scope and Impact:
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable and robust tools and platforms
- Own, extend and maintain automation frameworks, tools, and processes used across studios
- Instrument games and tools to enable automation and the collection of runtime metrics
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering automation results, from implementation to execution
- Design and deliver new tools to support development and quality verification goals
- As needed, maintain libraries and scripts
- Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer – Quality Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-09-14 17:33:09.617
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.