Software Engineer – Quality Engineering
Multiple Locations: Pasadena, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 168358
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA’s Quality Engineering team is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join the QE effort at Industrial Toys, a AAA mobile development team to support creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world. Located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Old Pasadena, Industrial Toys is growing and generating buzz in the mobile games industry. Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of AAA game development.
In this role, you will constantly push the envelope in quality and design through cutting-edge tools and automation. You will contribute to developing an automation framework, setting up an automation platform, building performance metrics pipelines and improving our automation environment.
This individual should have well-rounded programming skills, be capable of working on all portions of a technology stack and be able to independently assess and estimate tasks. The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across many groups and individuals in both the development and quality verification domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a direct impact on our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer!
- 4+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, ideally C++
- 1+ years of professional experience with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, software development best practices and API design for extensibility and portability
- Ability to identify automation opportunities, gaps in coverage and proactively introduce innovative automation strategies into the overall development processes.
- Monitor product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Strong ownership, solid drive, and be able to lead people to their goals.
- Experience with source control management tools (e.g., Perforce, Git).
- Ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with stakeholders, monitor requirements and proactively provide suggestions on processes that present room for improvement
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to work with a large, cross-functional, and distributed team.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android software development.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with large-scale game engines (e.g., UE4 etc.)
- Experience with software scripting skills (e.g., Python)
- Holding CSM, CSPO, A-CSPO, PMP or other Agile/Scrum and management certifications.
Scope and Impact:
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable and robust tools and platforms
- Own, extend and maintain automation frameworks, tools, and processes used across studios
- Instrument games and tools to enable automation and the collection of runtime metrics
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering automation results, from implementation to execution
- Design and deliver new tools to support development and quality verification goals
- As needed, maintain libraries and scripts
- Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer – Quality Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-14 17:33:09.617
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.