Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166493
Position Title: DD I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Development Director will do at BioWare, on Star Wars: The Old Republic:
As a Development Director, you'll run the planning and execution of our development team with multiple external partners to build updates for ongoing live service. This is a leadership role that involves daily interaction with team members, centralized EA departments, the project licensor, external development partners, and project leadership. Working with our Senior Development Director, you'll guide the team to meet milestones and quality targets through all phases of development.
- Develop project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within the resource, financial, and licensor constraints.
- Support our teams in meeting their sprint goals and ensure that tasks are tracked, tagged, and estimated.
- In partnership with project leadership, balances trade-offs between scope, resources, and time to reduce project risk and provide updates that meet the quality expectations of a BioWare game.
- Maintain relationships with our partners (e.g. licensor, certain EA centralized groups) and guide the work required from them to publish each update.
- Keep our development team and external partners informed of project goals, schedule, and deliverables.
- Document and administer project processes. Identify opportunities for improvement, find creative solutions based on current standards in project management and the industry, and implement solutions with the team.
- Form close working relationships with discipline leads, individual contributors, and project and studio leadership.
- 5+ years of software project management experience, with 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Foundation in project management methodologies and process frameworks (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum).
- A high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Maintain composure under pressure and rally multiple teams to achieve a common goal.
- Resolve problems independently. Seek guidance if appropriate.
- Experience with industry project management tools (e.g. Hansoft, Jira, Confluence).
- Comfortable modeling and analyzing data.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- You will report to the Senior Development Director.
- Full-cycle game development experience, especially on a live service title.
- Experience using game engine tools and version control software.
- Experience using a scripting language to speed up or automate tasks.
- Project management certifications.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-14 16:46:14.4
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。