Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166493
Position Title: DD I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Development Director will do at BioWare, on Star Wars: The Old Republic:
As a Development Director, you'll run the planning and execution of our development team with multiple external partners to build updates for ongoing live service. This is a leadership role that involves daily interaction with team members, centralized EA departments, the project licensor, external development partners, and project leadership. Working with our Senior Development Director, you'll guide the team to meet milestones and quality targets through all phases of development.
- Develop project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within the resource, financial, and licensor constraints.
- Support our teams in meeting their sprint goals and ensure that tasks are tracked, tagged, and estimated.
- In partnership with project leadership, balances trade-offs between scope, resources, and time to reduce project risk and provide updates that meet the quality expectations of a BioWare game.
- Maintain relationships with our partners (e.g. licensor, certain EA centralized groups) and guide the work required from them to publish each update.
- Keep our development team and external partners informed of project goals, schedule, and deliverables.
- Document and administer project processes. Identify opportunities for improvement, find creative solutions based on current standards in project management and the industry, and implement solutions with the team.
- Form close working relationships with discipline leads, individual contributors, and project and studio leadership.
- 5+ years of software project management experience, with 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Foundation in project management methodologies and process frameworks (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum).
- A high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Maintain composure under pressure and rally multiple teams to achieve a common goal.
- Resolve problems independently. Seek guidance if appropriate.
- Experience with industry project management tools (e.g. Hansoft, Jira, Confluence).
- Comfortable modeling and analyzing data.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- You will report to the Senior Development Director.
- Full-cycle game development experience, especially on a live service title.
- Experience using game engine tools and version control software.
- Experience using a scripting language to speed up or automate tasks.
- Project management certifications.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-14 16:46:14.4
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.