Associate Quality Designer (Apex Legends)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166236
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Respawn is looking for an Associate Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, you will be the primary QA owner for multiple high-complexity features within the title, responsible for the end-to-end quality plan, including both packaged goods delivery and Live services.
You will ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
You will report to the Development Director.
- End-to-end ownership of quality strategy within the defined scope.
- Works directly with Production members to ensure that development requirements are fully understood.
- Reports on the progress of testing until the release is complete.
- Collaborates with other team members to increase awareness of testability, communicate ongoing findings from test execution, and escalates risks to the final product as they emerge.
- Expected to attend regular meetings, vocalize status to partner groups successfully. Understands how to navigate conflict and message appropriately based on context and audience.
- Partners with representatives from off-site testing studios that assist with higher volume test case completion. Advocates and maintains appropriate quality standards that support successful outcomes.
- Experience advocating for changes in QA processes and practices that drive upstream solutions to reduce the likelihood and impact of late bug finds and code changes.
- A strong ability to interpret & leverage data visualizations to provide actionable insights.
- Can utilize multiple points of data to construct a cohesive and consumable summary for senior team members.
- Understands how to evaluate the state of the product via ongoing exploration and experimentation.
- 2 years of experience as a game analyst/feature owner
- Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Experience with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
- Experience with game development process and milestones/deadlines
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
- Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce)
- Experience with automation frameworks, scripting, and advocating for automated test solutions
- Comfortable with fast-paced and rapidly changing environments
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefits packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-06-03 16:49:57.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.