Senior Site Reliability Engineer - SKATE
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Pasadena, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166226
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER - SKATE
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Senior SRE - Skate
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
In your role as Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will help evolve our backend to meet the demanding requirements of players in today's modern cloud environment. You will also partner with the team and within EA to promote SRE values and patterns to help establish a culture of excellence.
Reporting to the Lead Online Engineer, you will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than a decade to help realize the vision to delight users.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Define and execute the strategy for load and stress testing the backend services that support millions of users
- Establish metrics and identify accurate SLOs to help track and maintain overall quality of service
- Apply and improve development and deployment strategies to maximize responsiveness, availability and repeatability
- Protect the integrity of user data and the service with high security standards
- Champion SRE principles and best practices and culturalize developers, designers and partner teams
- Create systems that are consistent, formalized and testable.
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing business needs during development.
- Solve high severity issues; articulating clear, viable tactical and strategic options as part of a cross functional global team
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of job experience with Node.js application development
- You've shipped and supported scalable web services hosted in the cloud
- You have load tested, stress tested, fixed, profiled and optimized web services
- You know your way around monitoring and performance analytic tools (DataDog, NewRelic, Loggly, Stackdriver, or Prometheus)
- You have experience of service mesh (Istio, Linkerd)
- You work on software that requires developing and optimizing queries and database access patterns (Redis, RDS, Postgres, or Spanner)
- You own large systems and features from design to deployment, including live service support
- You develop high-quality, testable software
- You've deployed services using Kubernetes and containerization
- You have knowledge of platforms, architectures and the CNCF landscape with a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Kubernetes API and CRDs.
- You have experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You develop APIs for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy and excel under ambiguous requirements
- You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers
- Worked in the games industry before
- Contributed to CNCF projects or built open-source tooling
- Shipped web services that scale to millions of daily users
- Shipped with Google Cloud Platform
- Have experience working with highly data-driven services
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer - SKATE
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-03 19:49:48.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.