Site Reliability Engineer
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 166226
Position Title: Site Reliability Engineer III
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to deliver an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, reporting to the Lead Online Engineer you will help evolve our backend to meet the demanding requirements of players with today's modern cloud environment. You will also partner with the team and within EA to promote SRE values and patterns to help culturize developers, designers and partner teams. You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than a decade to help realize the vision to delight users.
- Apply and improve development and deployment strategies to maximize responsiveness, availability and repeatability
- Establish metrics and identify accurate SLAs to track and maintain overall quality of service
- Protect the integrity of user data and the service with high security standards
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem solving under iteratively changing our needs during development.
- Solve high severity issues; explain clear, viable tactical and strategic options as part of a global team
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 5+ years of job experience in a hands-on coding role in multiple programming languages and frameworks (Typescript, Java, or Go)
- 2+ years of job experience with Node.js application development
- You've shipped and supported scalable web services hosted in public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You have load tested and optimized microservices on Kubernetes
- You know your way around monitoring and performance analytic tools (DataDog, New Relic)
- You have experience of Istio service mesh
- You have experience optimizing data access patterns (Redis, Postgres, or Spanner)
- You're able to operate with autonomy and excel under ambiguous requirements
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-03 19:49:48.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.