Technical Artist - Capture
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166078
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry-leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing, and virtual cinematography tools.
Capture Technical Artist
EA Worldwide Studios Content is looking for a Technical Artist for Create Capture, in its LA facility. You will have technical experience in the entertainment or game development industry. As a Technical Artist in Create Capture, you will work together with the Motion Capture Specialists to prioritize and troubleshoot technical issues and will work towards implementing solutions for process and pipeline development, as defined by the Technical Director.
You will have an in-depth knowledge of different working data pipelines and having experience with tool support.
The Technical Artist will provide technical insight and will support other Experts within Create Capture while attending meetings, and discussions about upcoming motion capture sessions.
You will learn custom toolsets and workflows; to maintain the highest data quality and throughput, Create Capture maintains many custom solutions for the motion capture process, and logs the data in a database network, as it flows through the stages of processing. Familiarity in maintaining and rectifying record-keeping systems, such as Shotgun and MySQL, is a requirement.
As a Technical Artist, you will work with the motion capture specialists within Create Capture to investigate and resolve technical issues for project-wide problems.
You will work with other Technical Artists to investigate and implement new techniques, including the development of custom tools for workflow improvements and automation efficiencies per the technical vision of the Technical Director.
- Support motion capture specialists within Create Capture to troubleshoot and resolve technical motion capture issues, including associated proprietary toolsets.
- Create and support motion capture acquisition and post-processing pipelines and tools.
- Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to create custom scripts and tools to help support data processing needs.
- Support the technical maintenance of a large optical motion capture installation.
- Assist troubleshooting efforts with technical scanning system issues.
- Represent a technical opinion and provide technical insight while attending meetings with other Experts within Create Capture.
- Create technical documents.
- Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to support solutions to project-wide problems, as defined by the Technical Director.
Requirements & Skills:
- At least 4 years experience in tool support and data pipeline support.
- At least 4 years' production scripting experience, using interpreted scripting languages (Python, Mel, etc.).
- Production experience with record-keeping database systems (Shotgun, MySQL, etc.).
- Production experience with compiled application development (C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience with game engines or real-time tools (Unreal, Autodesk MotionBuilder).
- The ability to work quickly in a live production environment.
- Experience in the entertainment motion capture or game development industry, working hands-on with data acquisition and processing.
- Experience working with industry-standard motion capture applications (Vicon Shogun/Blade, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting large-scale motion capture systems and configurations.
- Experience with facial capture and HMC technology.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist - Capture
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2021-05-25 21:14:21.623
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.