Technical Artist - Capture
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166078
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry-leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing, and virtual cinematography tools.
Capture Technical Artist
EA Worldwide Studios Content is looking for a Technical Artist for Create Capture, in its LA facility. You will have technical experience in the entertainment or game development industry. As a Technical Artist in Create Capture, you will work together with the Motion Capture Specialists to prioritize and troubleshoot technical issues and will work towards implementing solutions for process and pipeline development, as defined by the Technical Director.
You will have an in-depth knowledge of different working data pipelines and having experience with tool support.
The Technical Artist will provide technical insight and will support other Experts within Create Capture while attending meetings, and discussions about upcoming motion capture sessions.
You will learn custom toolsets and workflows; to maintain the highest data quality and throughput, Create Capture maintains many custom solutions for the motion capture process, and logs the data in a database network, as it flows through the stages of processing. Familiarity in maintaining and rectifying record-keeping systems, such as Shotgun and MySQL, is a requirement.
As a Technical Artist, you will work with the motion capture specialists within Create Capture to investigate and resolve technical issues for project-wide problems.
You will work with other Technical Artists to investigate and implement new techniques, including the development of custom tools for workflow improvements and automation efficiencies per the technical vision of the Technical Director.
- Support motion capture specialists within Create Capture to troubleshoot and resolve technical motion capture issues, including associated proprietary toolsets.
- Create and support motion capture acquisition and post-processing pipelines and tools.
- Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to create custom scripts and tools to help support data processing needs.
- Support the technical maintenance of a large optical motion capture installation.
- Assist troubleshooting efforts with technical scanning system issues.
- Represent a technical opinion and provide technical insight while attending meetings with other Experts within Create Capture.
- Create technical documents.
- Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to support solutions to project-wide problems, as defined by the Technical Director.
Requirements & Skills:
- At least 4 years experience in tool support and data pipeline support.
- At least 4 years' production scripting experience, using interpreted scripting languages (Python, Mel, etc.).
- Production experience with record-keeping database systems (Shotgun, MySQL, etc.).
- Production experience with compiled application development (C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience with game engines or real-time tools (Unreal, Autodesk MotionBuilder).
- The ability to work quickly in a live production environment.
- Experience in the entertainment motion capture or game development industry, working hands-on with data acquisition and processing.
- Experience working with industry-standard motion capture applications (Vicon Shogun/Blade, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting large-scale motion capture systems and configurations.
- Experience with facial capture and HMC technology.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist - Capture
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-05-25 21:14:21.623
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.