Community Engagement Manager - PGA, NHL, UFC, F1 (Contract/Temp Role)
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165978
Position Title: Community Engagement Specialist
We are Electronic Arts’ Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play. Our Integrated Communications team is seeking a Community Manager for PGA, NHL, UFC, and F1.
The EA Integrated Communications team builds meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love EA games. We craft stories that provide clarity on our games and services, create connections with players and inspire the world to play.
Reporting to the Community Manager III, EA SPORTS Integrated Communications, the Community Engagement Manager will develop trust with players through transparent and purposeful communications. You will be responsible for Social and Community engagement across multiple EA SPORTS franchises (including PGA, NHL, UFC, and F1) and embedded within a close-knit integrated communications team of cross-functional specialists from Press, Influencers, Community and Social. You will oversee the planning, production, publishing and execution of various social media campaigns and community activations, directly interacting with players and influencers on behalf of EA SPORTS’ games.
Passion is the fuel that inspires our teams. You will have a deep love of sports and video games, matched with community and social engagement expertise that strengthens overall player engagement and sentiment for PGA, NHL, UFC, and F1 across the world.
- Manage various social media accounts within the EA SPORTS portfolio.
- Analyze social content performance to improve distribution, tone and relevance on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain an ongoing content calendar for owned social channels providing visibility and transparency to key stakeholders.
- Develop creative briefs for social content and help coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes.
- Develop community engagement programs such as the EA SPORTS Design Council, gathering player feedback that directly influences the NHL, UFC, PGA Tour Golf and F1 games.
- Create content including editorial posts, blogs, and videos/streams to engage the community, create fans, and spread positive sentiment.
- Monitor player and community sentiment to provide relevant feedback to game studios to support high impact player centric improvements.
- Partner with cross-functional partners including Studio, Brand, and Commercial to ensure campaign goals, player-facing messages and experiences are aligned across all marketing channels.
- Proactively recommend enhancements to the strategic plans, escalate potential issues, deliver strategic feedback, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Engage with community leaders and content creators to increase brand awareness and evangelize the game within the community.
- Plan, execute and track new initiatives and online content, through content creators / influencers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of social media or community management experience for a digital publisher, developer, or entertainment brand.
- Deep understanding of all established and emerging social channels, and audience growth tactics with proven ongoing engagement.
- Experienced with social listening tools to monitor and analyze content performance and social sentiment, using data to inform decisions and optimize performance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with a portfolio of published work; ideally in multiple mediums including long-form and social media.
- Strategic thinker, able to present creative ideas on how to take our community efforts forward.
- Experience with content creation tools such as image / photo / video design and editing a plus but not mandatory.
- This role falls under the EA SPORTS umbrella, so an understanding of various sports and their respective cultures is preferred.
- You will join a team of committed gamers and an engaged community, so an appetite for reading about, talking about, and playing games is appreciated.
Please note this is a 12 month contract/temporary role. Our EA global benefits package is not included.
Community / Marketing Title: Community Engagement Manager - PGA, NHL, UFC, F1 (Contract/Temp Role)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-17 22:09:03.25
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.