Game Design Director - UFC
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165841
Position Title: Game Design Director
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. Throughout that history, EA has delivered exciting fighting and combat sports experiences that have delighted millions of players all over the world.
Innovation, passion and teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. Our studio in Vancouver is looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
At EA, Game Design Directors are the torch bearers designing the game, holding the vision and aligning the team to create a holistic experience that our gamers love.
You will play an instrumental role in the following:
- Working with franchise leadership to help form the vision and direction for the game and ensuring that designs follow the product vision.
- Leading other designers to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
- Inspiring and motivating the team to achieve high-quality within constraints.
- Using data and feedback from external groups to understand player motivations, identifying solutions to problems and new opportunities within the player experience.
- Taking a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
- Preparing and analyzing research to understand market trends, player sentiments; and using that data to form a creative vision aligned with business objectives.
- Championing design and design decisions to franchise leadership and executive partners.
- Working on the future direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
Who You Are:
- Experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high-quality games.
- Minimum 3 years as a design lead on a large title or team.
- Experience mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- Experience of console/ AAA game development.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to oversee multiple design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- Understand how to design player experiences that support the strategic business objectives.
- Open to ideas and constructive feedback, eager to collaborate with teammates and build toward the best ideas.
- Ability to work closely with a large team through all phases of product development.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Design Director - UFC
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-10 23:46:24.783
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.