Game Design Director - UFC
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165841
Position Title: Game Design Director
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. Throughout that history, EA has delivered exciting fighting and combat sports experiences that have delighted millions of players all over the world.
Innovation, passion and teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. Our studio in Vancouver is looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
At EA, Game Design Directors are the torch bearers designing the game, holding the vision and aligning the team to create a holistic experience that our gamers love.
You will play an instrumental role in the following:
- Working with franchise leadership to help form the vision and direction for the game and ensuring that designs follow the product vision.
- Leading other designers to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
- Inspiring and motivating the team to achieve high-quality within constraints.
- Using data and feedback from external groups to understand player motivations, identifying solutions to problems and new opportunities within the player experience.
- Taking a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
- Preparing and analyzing research to understand market trends, player sentiments; and using that data to form a creative vision aligned with business objectives.
- Championing design and design decisions to franchise leadership and executive partners.
- Working on the future direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
Who You Are:
- Experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high-quality games.
- Minimum 3 years as a design lead on a large title or team.
- Experience mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- Experience of console/ AAA game development.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to oversee multiple design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- Understand how to design player experiences that support the strategic business objectives.
- Open to ideas and constructive feedback, eager to collaborate with teammates and build toward the best ideas.
- Ability to work closely with a large team through all phases of product development.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Design Director - UFC
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-10 23:46:24.783
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.